Holocaust Educator of the Year Award
The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh is excited to announce its third annual Holocaust Educator of the Year Award. Created to promote and recognize the importance of Holocaust education, the award is given to a Holocaust educator who inspires critical thought and personal growth through the lessons of the Holocaust.
Educators who meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Hold a teaching position in Pennsylvania, Ohio, or West Virginia;
- Currently teach the Holocaust in grades 6-12;
- Have at least two years of classroom experience teaching the Holocaust;
- Conduct a Holocaust unit of at least one week with students.
The winner of the Holocaust Educator of the Year Award will be recognized at an award ceremony in early May 2019 and receive $2,000 (unrestricted). The school in which the recipient is employed will receive $1,000 to support the teaching of the Holocaust.
If you have any questions about the award or the nomination process, please contact Emily Bernstein at 412-421-1500 ext. 294 or email@example.com.
Holocaust Educator of the Year: Application Process Instructions
- Please click this link to take you to the Jewish Federation Grantmaking Portal: https://grantmakingportal.fluidreview.com/
- Create a log-in and password.
- Once you have logged in, please create a profile. Please use your full name, as this will help reviewers reference your application.
- Complete the eligibility quiz: you will be asked “What grant are you applying for today?” Please make sure you click on “Holocaust Educator of the Year.” DO NOT click on any other program.
- After completing the quiz, you should see a button that says, “View Applications,” which is located in the section entitled “Your Applications.” Please click this blue button.
- You should see “Holocaust Educator of the Year” listed and to the right a button that says “create submission.” Clicking “create submission” will take you to the actual online application.
- When completing your application, please make sure that you have uploaded your materials before pressing the submit button.
- If you have any questions regarding submitting your application, please feel free to reach out to Emily Bernstein, Education Outreach Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-421-1500 x294.
The application deadline is Monday, February 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. We look forward to receiving your application!