The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh offers several educational resources to the community, including:
- A gallery space with permanent and temporary art exhibitions and historic artifacts that is free and open to the public MWF 10-2 and by appointment with school groups;
- Events in locations throughout the city with various community partners;
- The CHUTZ-POW! comic book series, which helps educators share lessons of the Holocaust
- The Bar and Bat Mitzvah Twinning program, which pairs Bar and Bat Mitzvah with a child survivors or victims of the Holocaust to honor those who were unable to have their own Bar/Bat Mitzvah;
- Teacher training for educators to learn how to educate about the Holocaust in their classrooms and communities;
- Field trip sponsorships for eligible schools;
- Community competitions including the Waldman International Arts and Writing Competition and Holocaust Educator of the Year Award
- Reference services for our collection of 3000 books;
- Free speaking engagements with local Holocaust survivors, educators, and/or volunteers;
- Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh publications available to order.
- Internship/Volunteer opportunities
If you have any questions about educational opportunities with the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh, please contact Jackie Shimshoni at 412-939-7286 or email@example.com.