Please note that registration includes an entry survey that will be used to tailor the program to the needs of our attendees. If you have any trouble with the Eventbrite application, please contact Jackie Reese at email@example.com for assistance.
Join us for our fully remote 2021 Summer Teachers’ Institute!
This week-long teacher training brings best practices of Holocaust education together with art and literature. The sessions are conducted by local and internationally recognized artists and educators.
- Alexandra Zapruder (Salvaged Pages)
- Murry Sidlin (Defiant Requiem)
- Dr. Jeff Eargle (University of South Carolina)
- Nick Haberman (Shaler High School, LIGHT Education Initiative)
- Tiffany O’Shea (Montour High School, Art Against Atrocities)
- Peter Mysels (PA Distance Learning, Humans of Teaching)
- Dr. Lauren Bairnsfather (Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh)
- Marcel Walker (Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh)
- Ryan Woodward (Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh)
Sessions will cover topics such as diaries from the Holocaust, music, comic books, and project-based leadership opportunities for creatively teaching students about the Holocaust and how to apply their learning to future action.
This training is meant for teachers of all disciplines and experience levels, teaching grades 6+. There are specific tie-ins for teachers of Social Studies, English/Language Arts, and Visual and Performing Arts. 22.5 hours of Act 48 credit is available.
Books and Materials will be provided in advance.