2018 Summer Teacher’s Institute: The Holocaust and the 21st Century
July 16-20, 2018
Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh (826 Hazelwood Ave, Pittsburgh PA 15217)
Our annual, week-long seminar addresses a variety of topics to help educators gain the knowledge to teach about the Holocaust more effectively. We bring in experts from around the country to share the latest research and tools with participating educators.
This year’s topics are:
- America’s Response to the Holocaust
- Justice After the Holocaust and Today
- International Perspectives on Remembrance
- Multi-Media Survivor Testimony
- Working with Families of Survivors
- Propaganda and the News.
Some educators are eligible for a scholarship rate of $150 if they meet any of the following requirements:
- Traveling farther than 25 miles to attend the Institute
- Educators whose schools do not subsidize attendance (must also provide proof of no subsidy, such as a note from a principal, etc.)
- Teen Screen educators
Please contact Jackie Shimshoni at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Institute or plan to register with the scholarship rate.