Waldman International 2022-2023
The Waldman International Arts and Writing Competition is back!
We have continued to implement the three-round judging format that began last year, and will also be using the same theme, Resistance and Resilience. There have been some slight changes made to the submission schedule, format, and number of winners. For full contest instructions, visit: Waldman Instruction Booklet and see the Waldman Teacher Toolkit for resources to bring this contest to your classroom.
- September 1, 2022: Teachers can begin registering as “teacher sponsors” by using the Google Form found here.
- December 1, 2022: Teacher sponsors can begin submitting the art and writing pieces of their school’s student winners for Round 2 consideration. These will be submitted using the personalized Google Drive folder provided by the Holocaust Center after registering as a teacher sponsor.
- February 3, 2023: Final day for teacher sponsors to submit their school’s finalists for Round 2 consideration.
- February-March, 2023: Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh judging period.
- April, 2023: Up to seven “Round 2” winners (including one Grand Prize winner) of the 2022-2023 Waldman International Arts and Writing Competition will be announced as part of the Holocaust Center’s Genocide Awareness Month programming.
- Week of May 15, 2023 (Date TBA soon): Award Ceremony (Hybrid virtual and in-person event)