Applications are due by October 11, 2021.
The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Holocaust Center team. The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh connects the horrors of the Holocaust and antisemitism with injustices of today. Through education, the Holocaust Center seeks to address these injustices and empower individuals to build a more civil and humane society. This role will be a hybrid position which will require remote and in person work. This position will travel to various worksites within the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
• Answers and transfers phone calls, screens calls when necessary.
• Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
• Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
• Ability to write letters and proofread documents.
• Strong administrative support skills that will include recordkeeping and filing.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize workloads.
• Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
• Orders office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good critical thinking to identify and solve problems.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must hold a valid PA driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
• Two years of experience in an administrative role
• Five years of experience or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds at times.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh.
This position has a competitive wage of $29,500-$32,000 to commensurate with experience.
The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh offers a competitive benefits package.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh and the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.