Updated March 27, 2020
Our annual Yom HaShoah program is moving online! Join us Tuesday, April 21, 12pm-12:45pm. Learn more and register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_DfIQFP6qQRSRAdtVyXPB5Q
Our latest exhibit is now available in digital format! https://hcofpghexhibits.org/
We now have a couple of upcoming digital events:
- Virtual Workshop for Teachers: Bridging the Gap Between Education and Action in the Age of COVID-19 (April 2): https://zoom.us/meeting/register/upMkf-ivqDgqH1Qbty06-e5IrFsmUJgUTQ
- #TogetherWeRemember: What Does Never Again Mean to You? A Virtual Summit to Transform Memory into Action (April 5): https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_0knyZxXsT–6odxb2iIgkg
Both of these events are part of #TogetherWeRemember’s month of digital program in honor of Genocide Awareness Month: https://togetherweremember.org/new-events
Check out our ongoing list of digital Holocaust education resources: https://hcofpgh.org/digital-resources/
As the spread of COVID-19 continues, the health and safety of our survivors and community are our top priority. The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is acting with an abundance of caution in cancelling or postponing all events through the end of Passover on April 17. As a part of the Federation, the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh is also acting under this directive.
Here is what that means for upcoming programming:
- The Center will be closed to the public through April 17. This includes gallery hours and group visits.
- The following events and trainings are being postponed (details TBA):
- Teaching About Resistance: A Training by Jewish Partisan Education Foundation (JPEF) (3/23)
- Franci’s War: A Woman’s True Story of Survival During the Holocaust – a Book Talk by Helen Epstein (3/23)
- Conversation with CHUTZ-POW! Volume IV Creators (3/31)
- Waldman International Arts and Writing Award Ceremony (4/21)
- The following events will be moving to an online format. We will share updates on this as soon as possible:
- Together We Remember: What Does “Never Again” Mean to You? (4/5)
- Our annual Yom HaShoah commemoration will not take place on April 20, 2020 at Soldiers and Sailors. This year, we will honor survivors, liberators, and the righteous in other ways, including online programs, care packages to survivors and liberators’ families, and placements in the press. Stay tuned for ways to participate from home.
By taking these precautions, we hope to offer as much protection as possible for the most vulnerable members of our community. The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh continues to monitor the spread of the coronavirus closely with support from our national organizations and from local government.
We will continue to share updates as we have them, and look forward to seeing you at a later date.
Jewish Federation continues to update resources that can help you to understand how to keep yourself safe, what to do in the event of an outbreak, and which Jewish agencies are available to help. Agencies in Jewish Pittsburgh offer not only physical health resources but also mental health counseling, financial support for people experiencing hardships due to the virus, supports for homebound seniors, and other resources. Keep up-to-date at jewishpgh.org/coronavirus-resources