The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh offers several educational resources to the community, including:
- Events held virtually in locations throughout the city with various community partners;
- The CHUTZ-POW! comic book series, which helps educators share lessons of the Holocaust
- The Bar and Bat Mitzvah B’nei Mitzvah program, which pairs Bar and Bat Mitzvah with a child survivors or victims of the Holocaust to honor those who were unable to have their own Bar/Bat Mitzvah;
- Teacher training for educators to learn how to educate about the Holocaust in their classrooms and communities;
- Field trip sponsorships for eligible schools;
- Community competitions including the Waldman International Arts and Writing Competition and Holocaust Educator of the Year Award
- Reference services for our collection of 3000 books;
- Free speaking engagements with local Holocaust survivors, educators, and/or volunteers;
- Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh publications available to order;
- Internship/Volunteer opportunities;
- An upcoming gallery space at Chatham University, as well as original online exhibitions
If you have any questions about educational opportunities with the Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh, please contact Jackie Reese at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our educational programs are proudly sponsored by the Claims Conference.