The Holocaust Center of Pittsburgh offers curated field trips to public and private school classes in grades 6-12, as well as college students and organizational units. We also make them available to Hebrew School students aged 12-18 years old, and we can cater our presentation to their age and academic subject(s). Our educational team partners with educators to create a meaningful experience for their students, which may include:
- A tour of our permanent and specialized exhibit collections
- The opportunity to hear a survivor, or the child of a survivor, and ask questions
- A reflective learning activity and/or roundtable discussion among students and educators
- A tour of the Keeping Tabs memorial at Community Day School
- Library/Artifacts tour or presentation, using artifacts from our archive
- Pre- and Post- field trip curriculum support for educators and students.
With advance notice, we can curate visit-content with teachers ahead of time to pair with students’ current studies. This affords unique learning experiences, which can also fulfil Pennsylvania State Education Standards.
If you have any questions or would like to set up a field trip for your students/group, please reach out to Emily Bernstein, Education Outreach Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-801-7022. To begin scheduling your field trip, please fill out the Field Trip Request Form below.
We are currently offering field trip funding to qualified public schools in Southwestern PA that for financial reasons are not able to take field trips. Each qualified school will be eligible for $500 to put toward expenses for buses and substitute teachers. To apply, please indicate your interest on the form below. Funds will be made available on a first come first served basis until funds are exhausted.
This funding is made possible thanks to the generosity of the Grable Foundation.
Our space can comfortably accommodate groups of 50 or fewer. We prefer to schedule school groups on Tuesdays or Thursdays when the gallery is closed to the public.
If you have questions, call us at 412-939-7289. To apply for funding, please fill out the form below.
Having trouble seeing the form? Click here.